11/25/10

I can "Aphrodisiac Spicy King Prawns"

One of my personal favourites is a fusion dish taught to me by my Brother-in-Law, and with time and practice further developed by me.
As you probably have read in my last post, I can not elect just one as the best cuisine in the world, thus I love to mix, create and play with the various cuisines, typical dishes and ingredients.
The advise for today is a simple and quick dish that can be both impressive (taste and looks) and also be aphrodisiac (to put you and your partner in the mood).
It is a fusion between Portugal and Indonesian recipies.
Still, it is a dish that I frequently cook also for my family, friends and occasional visits.
It is an explosion of different tastes and it can be also accompanied by a good bread to dip in the delicious sauce. Once again, first and foremost, remember that the quality of the ingredients equals the quality of the dish.

Here's the shopping list:

½ kg of Cooked and Peeled King Prawns
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 Garlic Cloves (or more depending of your preferences)
4 tablespoons sugar
Q.B. Red Dried Chillies
Q.B. Black Pepper
Q:B. Fresh Coriander
1 Orange, squeezed


Step 1) Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chopped Red Dried Chillies
Step 2) Brown the King Prawns till they gain a golden colour
Step 3) Add the chopped garlic and mix (add Black Pepper to you taste)
Step 4) Do not allow the garlic to burn, add the sugar and mix
Step 5) When you have obtain a syrup, Squeeze a Fresh Orange over the Prawns
Step 6) Mix thoroughly and cut the fire
Step 7) Chop the fresh coriander leafs and serve it over the preparation
Step 8) Serve the Prawns on a tray.


Bon Apetit,
Chef Gourmet Du Art


No comments: